Re: Timber Dry Rot

Roy Levy wrote:

. > However, I question the use of the Thompson product. I have been told in
. > paint departments  that this is merely wax and the usefulness of the
. > product  is  partly advertising hype.

Check the latest issue of Consumer Reports on deck protection.  About a year
ago (April 1998?) they reported on what was supposed to be a three year test,
however, several products performed so badly after less than a year that they
ruled them "unsatisfactory."

If you don't subscribe, check your public library.

A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural)
Tucson, Arizona