Lateraly loaded piers [2nd attempt]

Some feedback is greatly appreciated regarding laterally loaded piles.
In the model I use, the internal resisting moment is limited, and far less
than the pile capacity.
                                ##### | |   <---------  hor force @ pier
######## [grade line]
                                       # | |
                                     ## | |
   passive resistance      ### | |
							| | ####
		                              | | ####   [passive resistance]

Question: Where is the point of rotation, how to determine the capacity?
Where are all the moments are relative to?

I have not found any clearly explaining literature regarding this problem.
Please help me with modeling this situation.

Thanks
Luke Gunnewegh
LGunaway(--nospam--at)aol.com