RE: Dynamic Loading

Clever play on words.

FWIW, I have taken a course in "Structural Dynamics" twice, at different
locations. I came away each time with a little better understanding of the
theory, but without much in the way of practical application to show for it.

To me, the typical structural engineer should take a course in "Mechanical
Vibrations," to start off, and then a course in "Applied Structural
Dynamics" which would take a little time to go over basic theory, and then
jump into practical applications of the theory to common problems.

They ought to learn how to use a response spectrum, also time-history
analyses of impulse loads, wind-induced harmonic effects, etc.

These are all things that would have benefitted me at one time or another
during my seventeen year career.