RE: Dynamic Loading

Bill:

Yes.. I agree with your premise that too much engineering education is
nearly ALL theory.   We have all addressed this in a previous thread.   I
forget that when debating in favor of the six-year degree that I worked in
nuclear power and offshore marine construction for twelve years before going
back for my MS.
I recall walking through a construction site with a fellow grad student
while attending Lehigh.   He picked up a piece of thick wire coated with
what appeared to be tightly packed sand and enquired..."Hey what is
this??".... I replied that it was a welding electrode.    Which of course
reinforces your argument Bill...no work and all education may contain little
substance.

Pete