RE: double sided shear walls[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "'seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org'" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: RE: double sided shear walls
- From: Paul Meyer <PMeyer(--nospam--at)HASimons.com>
- Date: Wed, 2 Jun 1999 11:18:49 -0700
This will vary greatly depending on where you are working. Here in the BC interior, we can get almost anything (e.g. need a 24 foot long 2x8? 16 foot 12 x 12? no problem!) whereas I ran into problems getting 2x12's of any length in Southern Ontario and switched to Wood-I's instead.
If the project is big enough, a more distant lumber supplier may be interested in supplying you with the sizes you need, provided it's not cheaper to just go with local 4X material instead of distant 3X.
From: allen(--nospam--at)xyz.net [mailto:allen(--nospam--at)xyz.net]
Sent: Wednesday, June 02, 1999 10:32
Subject: RE: double sided shear walls
My contractors as well as the local lumber supplier tell me that 3x material is nonexistent. Does anyone else have the same problem of procuring 3x materials.
James Allen, P.E.
- Prev by Subject: RE: double sided shear walls
- Next by Subject: Re: double sided shear walls
- Previous by thread: Re: double sided shear walls
- Next by thread: Re: double sided shear walls