RE: double sided shear walls

Title: RE: double sided shear walls

This will vary greatly depending on where you are working.  Here in the BC interior, we can get almost anything (e.g. need a 24 foot long 2x8? 16 foot 12 x 12?  no problem!)  whereas I ran into problems getting 2x12's of any length in Southern Ontario and switched to Wood-I's instead.

If the project is big enough, a more distant lumber supplier may be interested in supplying you with the sizes you need, provided it's not cheaper to just go with local 4X material instead of distant 3X.