Re: double sided shear walls

In a message dated 6/2/99 10:38:35 AM Pacific Daylight Time, allen(--nospam--at)xyz.net
writes:

<< My contractors as well as the local lumber supplier tell me that 3x
material is nonexistent. Does anyone else have the same problem of procuring
3x materials.

 James Allen, P.E >>

I have had no problem finding 3x pressure treated plates in my area. In fact,
I have been surprised that the contractors are not complaining more as Jeff
Smith pointed out. I think much of this has to do with the lumber yards
preparing for the code changes as anticipating the market for 3x materials.

Dennis S. Wish PE