Re: double sided shear walls

Roger, possibly you can enlighten me on Kiln Dried lumber. I too live in the
desert where the average humity level is below 10%. I was under the
impression that Kiln Drying is a controled method of reducing the moisture
content below 19% to match the territory it is used in so as to reduce
shrinkage after construction. I thought that Kiln Dried lumber in the desert
delivered wood to the site that was closer to 10% relative moisture content
rather than the traditional 19% and thuse reduced the occurance of shrinkage,
twists, warps and checks.
What are the facts behind Kiln Dried lumber?

Dennis S. Wish PE