RE: Significant Error on Page 295, Seismological Research Letters , May/June 1999

Frank-
I hope you have a very happy birthday today with many happy returns.

Your posting today is another in a long line of thought provoking
contributions you have made in this forum and several others I've had the
opportunity to witness.  I think the profession has advanced significantly
because of your efforts to point out problems, inconsistencies and just
plain errors with developing standards and codes and with their use.

Charles Greenlaw, in an earlier post,  cited Professor Hardy Cross' three
stages of an engineer's development.  Your "third stage" perspective on the
issues facing our profession is certainly appreciated by this writer.

Best wishes,
Bill Cain, SE
Oakland, CA