RE: Reinforcement Shop Drawing Review

No. We do primarily TxDOT work, and TxDOT doesn't require it, so we don't.

> 2.  Do you consider such review to be the "standard of care" in your
> community, with such service customarily being provided to clients?

I can add that, in the "industrial" sector (e.g. petrochemical, etc.) it is
NOT the "standard of care."

> 3.  Are you aware of problems arising (for the engineer) from NOT
> specifying and then reviewing shop drawings?

If you mean "reinforcing steel shop drawings," the answer is "yes." I've
always felt I should at least be sent a copy of them for cursory review.

I specify such reviews whenever I am able to do so.

> Please respond to me privately [viacalx(--nospam--at)europa.com] with either yes or
> no to each question to speed things up and not clutter the
> page.  I will
> post results for open discussion after a week or so.

Oops, sorry. Oh well...