RE: Portlands vs. Blended Hydraulics

Title: RE: Portlands vs. Blended Hydraulics

thanks harold for the thoughts on blendeds

how about another one . . .

is there chemical difference between portland plus lime and masonry cements ?
or are masonry cements simply premixed with the lime ?

seems like i had heard once (with no confirmation) that portland plus lime is better
than allowing masonry cements, primarily due to the leaching of salts responsible for efflorescence.
we typically spec ASTM C270 proportion spec for S with portland and lime for this reason.

have i lost my mind on the efflorescence and should i be performance spec'ing and forget the efflorescence issue ?

thanks in advance.