Rail Cars As Bridge Decks

I have recently been commissioned to design a roadway bridge for a rural parish (that's right, this is Louisiana). They utilize flat rail cars for the bridge deck and want me to do likewise. The bridges that I observed were well build and in good shape.

I have searched (to no avail so far) for information on these flat rail cars. I would like to know standard geometry, how they are load rated,who does the rating, etc.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Randy Russ, P.E.
Russ Engineering