Rail Cars As Bridge Decks[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Rail Cars As Bridge Decks
- From: "Randy Russ" <rruss(--nospam--at)eatel.net>
- Date: Sat, 5 Jun 1999 10:04:11 -0500
I have recently been commissioned to design a roadway bridge for a rural parish (that's right, this is Louisiana). They utilize flat rail cars for the bridge deck and want me to do likewise. The bridges that I observed were well build and in good shape.
I have searched (to no avail so far) for information on these flat rail cars. I would like to know standard geometry, how they are load rated,who does the rating, etc.
Any help would be appreciated.
Randy Russ, P.E.
Baton Rouge, La.
- Prev by Subject: Re: Racking strength of timber frame walls
- Next by Subject: Re: Rail Cars As Bridge Decks
- Previous by thread: RE: AISC Seismic Provisions, Part I, Sect. 11.2a
- Next by thread: Re: Rail Cars As Bridge Decks