Re: Rail Cars As Bridge Decks

This company is a long way away from you but I have dealt with them succesfully with regard to flatcar bridges:

Skip Gibbs Company
P.O. Box 260
Redwood Valley, CA  95470
707-485-5822
(f)707-485-0860
email:briidges(--nospam--at)skipgibbs.com

Regards,

Mark

Randy Russ wrote:

 I have recently been commissioned to design a roadway bridge for a rural parish (that's right, this is Louisiana). They utilize flat rail cars for the bridge deck and want me to do likewise. The bridges that I observed were well build and in good shape. I have searched (to no avail so far) for information on these flat rail cars. I would like to know standard geometry, how they are load rated,who does the rating, etc. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks,Randy Russ, P.E.Russ EngineeringBaton Rouge, La.