From: Melbec
To: Seaint
Sent: Saturday, June 05, 1999 8:48 PM
Subject: Owner force himself to occupy the bldg

A building inspector did not issue certificate of occupancy to the owner of the building because he is not satisfied yet with the way the building built (per UBC according to him).  The Owner force himself and occupy the building instead, because the Engineer said it's safe (obviously just to collect the remaining unpaid professional fee and the most of it feel and sure that his design is safe).

Will the building Inspector sue the Owner and force him to vacate the building or the Engineer will prevail on this?

This is the argument between the Engineer and the Inspector and I was there and happened to be with their table.

I know that the building Inpector has the power legally to whatever he say as long as he is following the building code standard.  This is not our problem and mine but it is a good topic to discuss, any comments?

Geoffrey Melchor