Re: Racking strength of timber frame walls

Simpson Strong-tie (www.strongtie.com) has been doing racking tests for their
products and I believe have set up some test for researchers testing
shearwalls.
You might also contact Bob Kazanjyat the University of California in Irvine.
I believe Bob has been doing some research on shear wall cyclic load testing.
 Bob can be reached at rkazanjy(--nospam--at)uci.edu (Robert P. KAZANJY).
You might also try contacting Ron Ogawa who has been doing some testing as
well. He can be reached at rogawa(--nospam--at)aol.com (I think this is correct). If the
address I have for Ron is not correct, you can ask Bob Kazanjy and he should
have an up to date or correct address.

Hope this helps you.
Dennis S. Wish PE