Re: CQC and SRSS

>So, CQC does
>not always *guarantee* better results.  Those interested can refer to
>the book "Response Spectrum Methods" by Dr. Ajaya K. Gupta of North
>Carolina State University,
Gupta's book also has good sections on coupled systems (like bridge
cranes in buildings) and a good explanation of the UBC seismic
coefficient method. The arithmetic can me tough sledding--if you want a
sensationally good starter book for structural dynamics, get _Structural
Dynamics for the Practising Engineer_ by H. M. Irvine. There's plenty of
math, but Irvine emphasizes insight when he does the math. The clarity is
right up there with Timoshenko.

http://www.skypoint.com/~chrisw