Software for metal building system

    Are there anybody can kindly give me some advice on the analyze &
design of the state-of-the-art metal building system which widely
employed rigid frames with
tapered elements (plate girders & plate columns) and cold rolled shapes.

     Some manual method (still with the help of MathCad) advise to
divide the whole length by 500mm/1'-6" long subsection or just divide by
20 pieces of
subsection (the typical length of storage 12m/40? makes these two method
the same). Are there any more accurate method for these frame per the
rules of the
ASD green manual? Can we do some actual modification to the monolithic
stiffness matrix directly?
     I also want to know if a combination with STAAD/Pro and some
detailing software as the Xsteel ( http://www.tekla.com ) can deal these
well.

    I'm thinking perhaps there already come forth some tools to do the
designing of metal building systems much more productivity than what the
Butler are doing
now. You see, I have tens of calculation reports from them which show me
the face twenty years ago! (Of course, to develop a system for use
within a firm means a
great investment for the logo of  "proprietary").
     Perhaps you can help me to do smart choice.

    Thanks in advance for any assistance.

--- Begin Message ---
[...]

--- End Message ---