Re: FEMA 273 - Adobe Acrobat

Seaintonln(--nospam--at)aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 6/8/99 3:28:29 PM Pacific Daylight Time, wellive(--nospam--at)ibm.net
> writes:
> <<
>  TJBeam V5.42 works OK into PDF per my experience >>
>
> Then HELP, Barry. TJBeam (I am also running V5.42) does not recognize the PDF
> Writer printer driver and I have no other way to convert. Let me know what
> you may have done. I think that I installed AC 4.0 after TJBeam. Could this
> be the case?

I've got the same install sequence (Acrobat 4.0 after TJBeam). Did you uninstall
the previous version (3.?) of Acrobat and the reader before installing the newer
version? I seem to recall something about a conflict if you left both on your
system. Also, read the read.me in /Program Files/Adobe/Acrobat 4.0 for info on
procedure.

Other than that, I can't think of anything. I get the PDF writer in the printer
drop down box when printing from TJBeam. From there it's a no-brainer.

> I can not get Enercalc to print everything in PDF format - much of my
> calculations are simply missing. I've discussed it with Mike Brooks but he
> was using the most current version which is not available yet and had no
> problem. I did not hear back from him on the prior (most available version).

I use Retaining Wall Pro 5 (Enercalc) and print into PDF. Sounds like your
install for Acrobat 4.0 didn't make the required "printer" for file creation.

> These are the only two softwares I have had a problem with.
>
> BTW, I discussed the TJBeam problem with Brian Smith from Trus-Joist. He was
> not aware of the problem and indicated that he would talk with the developers
> and get back to me - so far I haven't heard anything.
>
> Dennis Wish
> Fly fisherman envious:>)

Barry H. Welliver
(wherever you go....there you will be)