RE: 4-storey design

Dear Sir,

	First of all, I do not have a permanent address at Toyota so I use
the e-mail of my partner, Francis Ang.
	Anyway, I know Stella Sabiniano and Rannie Ison. Rannie and Boss
Nick have left EHSEC for good. The last time I saw Rannie in EHSEC, that was
his last day I think. Stella left for US a few months ago. The combination
of Rannie, EHS and Nick was good. But that was then. I used to work at
EHSEC, with Rannie, Stella and Nick.
	With regards to the building that I'm designing, I could be a little

confused with the tie spacing. I checked it against the actual shear that is
accompanying it and the results were pretty safe / conservative.
	Don't worry with the application of EQ forces. I really design for
EQ running in both directions. When I was in EHSEC before, I used to design
lateral load acting in both directions but with a factor (say x 0.5 y 0.5).
	With regards to the bar size, is there a structural implication
between 20mm and 25 mm bar size ? I know that using 25-mm bars would limit
the number of  bars in the column and would provide an ample amount of rebar
spacing. What is your comment on this ? Using similar sizes for the column
rebars is a good thing for construction purposes. Sometimes, in ordering,
installation and splicing, they would provide economy.
	I just need a little confirmation on things. Sometimes, other's
small opinion could be a big help. Thanks very much.

Allan Yango
TMP