self drilling screw spacing for light gage

I have run into an interesting problem.  That being the difficulty in finding information on minimum spacing and edge distances of screws for connecting light gage members (web to chord connections in light gage trusses, specifically).  The particular screw that has been used is a 12-14 TEK3 as manufactured by Triangle Fastener Corp. under the trade name "Blazer".  A call to TFC was of no help whatsoever.  I then tried the Hilti catalog under the assumption that a similar screw by different manufacturers would, in essence, be indentical.  Unfortunately, Hilti does not provide this information in their catalog either (at least for their "Kwik-Pro" fasteners).

I had some info at one time calling for 3/4" minimum spacing and that is what was specified.  I have since misplaced it.  The problem is that my trussess were assembled with screw spacing of 1/2" or even slightly less.  I would like a firm number on minimum spacing as well as a formula or table that will allow me to decrease the allowable load per screw based on some spacing less than the minimum.  If anyone has this information, or can point me in the proper direction on how to obtain it, please let me know.

thanks
Dan

Sherman D. (Dan) Vines
Willett Engineering Co., Inc.