Retaining Wall Surcharge in Snow Country

Does anyone out there who does snow country design have any opinions on what
to use for a surcharge on retaining walls.  Would you use the ground snow
weight, or some other number.  For example we have tables that say to use
100 psf surcharge for garages and parking areas, and 200 psf surcharges for
highways.  In areas with a 300 psf ground snow weight it seems out of line
to be using this number directly and getting tougher retaining walls then
would be used at a highway.  We'd appreciate any thoughts or recommended