Re: Seminar Library???

In a message dated 6/10/99 12:23:08 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
melnick(--nospam--at)aiscmail.com writes:

<< One thing to remember is that the cost of a publication needs to not only
 cover the "publishing" cost but also the development cost. >>

I can't agree with this if the developer is a non-profit organization that
survives on dues from it's members. Sales can augment development costs, but
the majority of work done on committees is volunteer.

Development cost also comes from grants and other sources of income to a
non-profit organization.

I don't know enough about organizations like Plywood Association or AISC or
AF&PA. Possibly those who are familiar with the workings of non-profit
material organizations such as these can enlighten us as to how much cost for
development is recouperated in the sale of documents.

I suspect that this is not really a major consideration.

Dennis