T-headed termination of column reinforcement

All -

	Does anybody know of a reference for design of T-headed column
longitudinal reinforcing bar terminations?  That is, how would you calc
terminator "plate" diameter and other relevant parameters?  I am
particularly interested in a bridge spec reference, but a building spec
will be a good start just to see if it's a feasible alternative.  (I
don't have a complete copy of the Caltrans BDS and I'm trying to figure
out what I would need if there even *is* a spec there.)  A reference is
preferred to an equation, but an equation is also welcome.  ;-)

	Also, if you have any names of suppliers that I might contact, those
would also be appreciated.  Private email or list reply okay.

	TIA,

	Charley
--
Charles Hamilton, EIT                   Graduate Student Researcher
University of California, Irvine        Email: chamilto(--nospam--at)eng.uci.edu