Re: Retaining Wall Surcharge in Snow Country

How about some bridging action?  Some heat will escape from an "unheated"
basement so long as it's warmer than outside.  A little heat, melting, and
refreezing, and Bingo!, an ice bridge.

And lest you disqualify me because of my geographical location, I lived and
worked in Michigan for seven years.

Fountain E. Conner, P.E.
Gulf Breeze, Fl. 32561