RE: Seminar Library???

>I suspect that [development cost] is not really a major consideration [in
the total cost
>of producing a publication]. --Dennis

I added the words in brackets above to try to trim down this post. Excuse
me if I took anything out of context.

I've been involved, either as a staff member or volunteer, in the
development of publications and other sources of technical information for
several organizations, including AISC, RCSC, ASCE, AWS and BSSC. It has
been my experience that the development costs for the products you see are
staggering. Actually, the develoment costs can outrun the publishing cost
by an order of magnitude when its a case of creating something from
scratch. In any case, they should not be minimized. Frankly, I'm amazed
that the products we all buy cost as little as they do.

It's easy to snicker at or complain about the price of a reference book or
other piece of technical information. But I think you have to ask yourself
what would be the cost for each of us to do business if that product didn't
exist?

Charlie