RE: 4-bolt patterns

I don't know if its official yet but the "Proposed Rule" for Safety
Standards for Steel Erection from OSHA (11/98), Part 1926.755, states "All
columns shall be anchored by a minimum of 4 anchor bolts" and "shall be
designed to resist a 300 pound eccentric load located 18 inches from the
column face in each direction at the top of the column shaft".