Re: (no subject) stressed skin structures

Dear Ron,
Thank you for your response. What I mean with stressed skin structures is a
light steel structure using corrugated metal sheet . The corrugated metal
sheet contribution to carry loads such as structural self -weight, wind and
seismic forces is taken into account.
If we can fully utilize the corrugated metal sheet stiffness and its
carrying capacity, I believe we can reduce the steel structure skeleton and
the utilization of light gage steel sections are more propective in
constructions of factory, base camp etc.
In Europe the steel stressed skin diaphragm design is quite common
unfortunately, I could not get the Manual which already out of print.

Best regards,

Daniel Indrawan
Indonesia