RE: ASD vs. LRFD

Hey! I resemble that remark! (-.

Charlie

-----Original Message-----
From:	Ritter, Mike [SMTP:mritter(--nospam--at)lgt.lg.com]
Sent:	Friday, June 11, 1999 2:42 PM
To:	'seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org'
Subject:	RE: ASD vs. LRFD

Well, Fountain...

The engineers around here (Tennessee) don't use LRFD either (unless
forced to do so).  My company does work all over the world and I've used
it twice.  I've been to numerous AISC sponsored seminars where the
presenter laughed and made jokes (along with the audience) about LRFD.
I've been to other AISC sponsored seminars where the presenter was very
serious about LRFD and kept making comments about never updating the 9th
Edition Steel Manual.  These "serious" guys appear to be the young ones
and I wonder if they've ever been responsible for designing a building.

Fountain, keep up the good (ASD) work!

Michael Ritter, PE
Senior Structural Engineer
Lockwood Greene