Re: masonry deputy insp.

Prisms cut from the wall will give you the strength, perhaps rebar scanning
and some exposure of the reinforcement to determine size and grade.  One
issue is damaging the wall to find out about it's construction.

We are currently involved in two projects EXACTLY like the one you've
described.  In both instances, Special/Deputy Inspection was also clearly
called out on the plans.

We have developed a Inspection and Observation Program pursuant to UBC
106.3.5 that is a full size sheet with the title block blank for your
company name.  We suggest you call it S-1A.   This meets and exceeds the
requirements of this section of the code.   It will soon be downloadable
through the SEAINT Web site in the SEAOSC Quality Assurance Committee
documents.  The hope is that both the Contractor and the Municipal
Inspector would be hard put to say they missed AN ENTIRE PAGE!!

It is currently available through our website.

R. Sandy Pringle,
President
STRUCTURAL INSPECTION CONSULTANTS Inc.
Special Inspection and Materials Testing - Fully Accredited
     Hermosa Beach,  Pasadena  &  Carson,  CA
    (800)598-1970                 Fax(310)353-2248
  sandyp(--nospam--at)sic-inc.com	           http://www.sic-inc.com

Ignorance is more expensive than education....