Re: ASD vs. LRFD

>When the new
>guys under them, fresh from schools of the future, want to work is LRFD, no
>one will stop them, and ASD will be dead, even if the UBC/IBC hasn't killed
>it some time before then.  That is why the future is LRFD.
Isn't this argument a bit disingenuous? If LRFD is better, so be it. If
it's just trendy among academics, that's a much different matter. So far
no one has actually said how it's any better, except for some allusions
to economy. If that economy comes at the expense of reduced performance,
the LRFD-future may not be as nice as we intend.

http://www.skypoint.com/~chrisw