Re: ASD vs. LRFD

Dear Mr. ASD User:
It is no one's job to "Tell you why or show you why" to practice your design
with LRFD.  Being a PE it is your choice to be with LRFD or ASD.  Using ASD
you will be deprived of design changes, code requriremet changes and
efficient method of design.
ASD will not be revived, nor published, nor any research will be
incorporated.  ASD users are already five year behind LRFD.  There are 10-12
or more requirement in LRFD design which are not in ASD.  So, can you tell
your client that your ASD technically does not meet AISC design requirement?
You are in legal jeopardy my ADS user!  I would recommend ASD user like our
Gulf Breeze P. E. guy to attend some AISC seminars, Lecture series and
Classes and meet Professors and P. Es to convince himself/herself.
At present about 70% or more engineers nationwide are using LRFD?
By the way, do not be left out choice is yours.