Re: ASD vs. LRFD

I consider myself to be a young engineer.  In obtainining my B.S. and M.S.
degrees the letters ASD were rarley if iver mentioned. LRFD was the wave the of
the future. Since the time I started working in the real world, LRFD has become
the letters that are rarely if ever mentioned.  I have worked for three different
companies over the last 6 years - none of them used LRFD as their standard.  I
have only worked on one project in those 6 years where I was required to us
LRFD.  I prefer ASD to LRFD and will continue to use as long as I possibly can.

Neil J. Glaser, P.E.
Austin, Texas