Re: masonry deputy insp.

Gunite?

Bruce Resnick, SE
Parker Resnick Str. Eng.

In a message dated 6/13/99 10:17:29 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
shake4bake(--nospam--at)earthlink.net writes:

<< New construction, 8" cmu, solid grout, #5 @ 16" o.c. vert., f'm=1500psi,
 axial load from roof taken by steel columns, not cmu wall. Design with
 deputy insp., D+L+E=1.28<1.33

 Deputy insp. CLEARLY called out on the structural drawings but guess
 what.... contractor did not have deputy inspection during construction.
 Now I get to wrestle with what to do.

 Cores are my only idea at this point. All this will do is give me
 strengths, I will never know (other than based on my limited observation
 of the wall construction) what the quality of construction was for the
 entire wall(s).

 Any ideas out there?

 Mark