RE: ASD vs. LRFD

That's an interesting attitude.

I think my dentist should just use the methods and practices that she was
taught in school 20 years ago. If it was good enough then, it should be good
enough now.

[SARCASM MODE OFF]

The problem isn't LRFD vs. ASD. The problem is engineers who don't have
"time" or "inclination" to keep up with the state of the art.

The problem is such that many states now require continuing education in
their license renewal regulations, and many more are soon to follow.