RE: ASD vs. LRFD

The problem isn't that it's ASD is "simpler" or "necessary" (which you must
infer from the statement above).

The problem is that it's INCORRECT. Steel, especially steel structures,
don't behave that way. We want to cling to something that isn't correct,
because we're too lazy to learn something that is.