Re: ASD vs. LRFD

I don't think that this line of reasoning is disingenuous at all if the
discussion is whether or not LRFD is the future.  Anything that is not taught in
schools, and not supported by the code writing bodies will die, in the same
manner that a person who is denied food will starve.  It's no reflection on the
character of the person who starves, it just means they weren't fed.  If you
think that ASD should live on, then action needs to be taken to turn the
academics and code writer soon, or for better or worse it will "starve."

Paul Crocker