RE: Icad 98, Dimensioning

Fountain:

In AutoCAD, the sequence \A1; causes stacked text (e.g., fractions) to be vertically centered on the line of text. You normally don't see the mtext formatting codes unless you change the MTEXTED system variable from "Internal" to ":Lisped".

If you remove the \A1; formatting code from an AutoCAD mtext string, the worst thing that happens is that fractions and other stacked text will change vertical justification from centered to bottom flush. I can't imagine that removing a formatting code would cause the kind of crash you describe, but I suppose it's possible.

- Mark Middlebrook