Re: Special message for Lurker's

Steve,
I won't say that starting a forum is not an alternative. From my experience,
the steam dies down very quickly and unless messages are delived to your
mailbox, most tend to become disinterested in message forums very quickly.
Case in point are the message forums that were created for SEA committees -
my Virtual Committee included. There was a great deal of interest at the
start. Over time the interest waned (mine included).
In my opiinion, it is simply too much bother for an engineer to voluntarily
long on each day or week to a message forum. I think the sucess of a list is
predicated on bringing the information directly to your home or office.

Dennis

In a message dated 6/14/99 10:09:26 AM Pacific Daylight Time,