API 650 (Appendix E) Tank foundations

The 1997 California Building Code (1634A.4.2) states that design by a
national standard is acceptable with the provision that it conform to
1629A.2 & 1629A.4.  The API code (10th ed., 1998) accounts for sloshing of
the fluid.  Imho I do not believe this standard addresses to the 1629A.4
provisions. The project in question is within 2 km of a type b fault and my
thinking is the shear values of the API formula should be adjusted upward
by the corresponding Na value since the Nv value would be to high.
Thanks to All,
Bob Hanson, S. E.
hansonb(--nospam--at)hilberteng.com