From: Paul Crocker [mailto:PaulC(--nospam--at)ckcps.com]
Sent: Monday, June 14, 1999 2:21 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: ASD vs. LRFD

> >If you
> >think that ASD should live on, then action needs to be taken to turn the
> >academics and code writer soon, or for better or worse it will "starve."
> There's no question that ASD will live on, if only in the Nuclear Codes
> and lifting equipment design codes, simply because the design of such
> things is governed by service loading.

These codes will necessarily be ASD in the future because they are ASD now?
A load factor could not be found for nuclear or lifting equipment?  While I
have no idea whether these codes will ever change and don't care to
speculate, I'm not sure that I agree with the premise behind the statement.

Paul Crocker