Re: FASTENERS & PRESSURE TREATED WOOD

The section does appear to say that corrosion ressistant fasteners are
required.  I think the reason is that if your using pressure treated wood
it's because the wood is in contact or near a source of moisture and ,
therefore , the fasteners could rust.

Here is where I believe the Code allows for engineering judgement.  I am not
going to change  to G.I. nails for the mudsill nailing at shearwalls.  A
building official may over-rule my decision, someday.

My 2cents

Tom Jakaby, SE
San Jose, CA