RE: ASD vs. LRFD

Fountain, this seems a bit strong. I saw no "name-calling" going on.

Nor do I think "blind prejudice" pertains in this case.

In fact, I will be responding to some of Roger's arguments which I found to
be, um, "not strong." The "prejudice" seems to be more in the camp of those
who seem to be forgetting what design of steel structures is supposed to be
about in the first place: Getting the most bang for the buck by applying
sound science and engineering.

The "smoke and mirrors" have always resided with the antiquated (in light of
recent discoveries) methods that we were using previously.