Subject: ASD vs LRFD
Author:  James_F_Fulton(--nospam--at)RohmHaas.Com (James F Fulton) at fdinet
Date:    6/15/99 9:25 AM

My limited exposure to LRFD (mainly AISC seminars) indicates deflection
checks now become much more important and necessary, which adds time to the
design effort. Then, if the design is too limber, which is more likely under
LRFD than ASD, a redesign becomes necessary. I don't see that LRFD saves
time.

Jim Fulton