From: nattamai mohanram [mailto:nattamaim(--nospam--at)yahoo.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 16, 1999 3:26 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: lee_templeton(--nospam--at)parsons.com

Our structural department is trying to quickly evaluate structural
analysis and design software to recommend for purchase.  It is
difficult to fully assess software thru demo versions and would like
actual users input.
Specifically, we are looking for:
1.3D Frame Analysis and Design (such as STAAD3) for both steel and
concrete.
2. General Reinforced Concrete Analysis and Design.
3. Base Plate analysis/design including biaxial bending.
4. Spread Footing analysis/design including biaxial bending.
5. Masonry Wall w/shear wall analysis.
6. General Timber Analysis and Design.
Does anyone know of magazine articles/web sites that address user
evaluations of like software?
Thanks.

Nat Mohanram