RE: Y2K compliance

I'm not able to provide some exact text, but as a person who is involved
with my company's Y2k effort, I can offer some insight.

First, I work for a chemical manufacturer, and don't ask my how (I think I
killed someone in a previous life and now they're getting even with me), I
am working on the company's y2k compliancy effort.  My responsibilities
basically entail taking a segment of a very large database (over 10,000
items) and determining if these "components" are y2k compliant.  My domain
includes engineering software, the hardware running our HVAC, etc.

So having seen many different companies' Y2k information, what most people
are interested in is a statement that you will still be able to provide them
the services you provided prior to Jan. 1, 2000.  In other words, your
company won't be shutdown by the millennium (I know, I know, it isn't until
2001).  So, you should explain that you have checked out all of your
software/hardware and it will work.  Don't forget to include Operating
Systems, billing/accounting and engineering software.  And if you own the
building in which you work, that it will still function (phones, HVAC, power
supplies, etc.).

Most of the information about your various "components" is readily available
on the web.  If you write your own software, you might be facing some
trouble.

AS for wording, you might want to search some of the larger Structural firms
on the Internet and see if any have such a statement.

Dave Angelotti, PE
Business Process Steward
Facilities Design and Asset Management
*	Mail No. 544		*	(517) 496-6386 (Ph)
	Dow Corning Corporation	*	(517) 496-5419 (Fax)
	Midland, MI  48686-0995
*	dave.angelotti(--nospam--at)dowcorning.com