RE: ASD vs. LRFD

My observation here is that the LRFD code-writing bodies and those who
advise them have taken the time to include many such "checks" in the body of
the design codes themselves.

Now, this has nothing to do with LRFD theory per se, but everything to do
with the notion of "reliability-based design" and "limit state design."

To me, it is altogether a much more methodical and organized manner of
procedure.