RE: lee_templeton(--nospam--at)parsons.com

I find STAAD to be "adequate" for steel design, but next to useless for
concrete design.

STAAD does a whole bunch of things more or less tolerably well, but nothing
superlatively.

I have used, and continue to use, STAAD, simply because it is mostly
adequate to the task, but primarily because I have failed to justify to my
employer why I should pay for a new license for a different product, plus
the learning curve.

However, I would not make a firm recommendation for it.