Re: ASD vs. LRFD

On a lighter note:

Top ten reasons to chose LRFD over ASD:

10) Those silver books are easier to find on my shelf.
9)  Load and Resistance Factor Design - Just sounds more impressive.
8)  "Plastic" design - aren't kids toys made from plastic?
7)  You won't be called an old f**t. At least not yet....
6)  Green - Just not my color.
5)  No one knows how to use it - no one can tell me I'm wrong.
4)  Its the wave of the future! (So was DIVX).
3)  I've got all the time in the world - My client is willing to pay for as long as it takes to design the perfect structure.
2)  Continuing education - that's for the "unenlightened" academics who never practice.
1)  The (up to) 15% cost savings of lighter steel will be passed directly on to me.

Jake Watson, E.I.T.
Salt Lake City, Utah