On a lighter note:
Top ten reasons to chose LRFD over ASD:
10) Those silver books are easier to find on my shelf.
9) Load and Resistance Factor Design - Just sounds more impressive.
8) "Plastic" design - aren't kids toys made from plastic?
7) You won't be called an old f**t. At least not yet....
6) Green - Just not my color.
5) No one knows how to use it - no one can tell me I'm wrong.
4) Its the wave of the future! (So was DIVX).
3) I've got all the time in the world - My client is willing to pay for as long as it takes to design the perfect structure.
2) Continuing education - that's for the "unenlightened" academics who never practice.
1) The (up to) 15% cost savings of lighter steel will be passed directly on to me.
Jake Watson, E.I.T.
Salt Lake City, Utah