Re: Footing Steps

I specify a 2' overlap for all steps with a double curtain of reinforcement
throughout the limits of the step to service moment demand generated by
settlement and eccentric loading of the gradebeam.  If the project requires
a prohibitive number of footing steps, I consider CIDH piers to service
lateral and gravity loads, tying the heads together with a nominal grade
beam.