TurboCad

Dennis,

I am not sure what your purpose is in inquiring about TurboCad Professional.
It is a fair program. However, if you are thinking about a new Cad program
try Fast Cad. It was developed by a fellow who was instrumental in developing
AutoCad. He fell out with AutoCad when they continued on a path that he
considered to be a giant error.

Couldn't have been too bad of an error because AutoCad is dominate in the
industry. BUT very expensive. AND very cumbersome. AutoCad 14 has tooooo many
bells and whistles, in my opinion.

One of the developers of Euro Disney who works at Imagineering told me that
to train an individual to be proficient in AutoCad required about ten months
of training. BUT to train an individual to be proficient in Fast Cad requires
about ten hours.

My personal testimony is that Fast Cad is what I use in my office. And it is
no problem to train an unskilled cad operator to use Fast Cad. My greatest
concern is to teach an experienced engineer, draftsman and/or architect. It
is useless to teach a person to use Fast Cad (or any other cad system) if
they do not understand construction.

Match TurboCad up against Fast Cad and I will whip the TurboCad user by a
wide margin. Incidentally, Fast Cad is fully compatible with AutoCad 14 (the
standard of the industry).

Hope this gives you some information that proves to be useful.

John Ott