Re: TurboCad

John,

Thanks for the FastCAD recommendation.  Based on your assessment, I'm
interested in learning more about FastCAD.  I found their webpage and will
take them up on their 14-day free trial.

I sometime ago decided that, in one lifetime I don't have the time to be a
still-learning structural engineer and also become an AutoCAD operator.
Being a one-man office, there's no one else to turn to for computer drafting
(my subcontract drafter is less computer-literate than I) so my drawings are
all by hand.  It works fine, and I'm satisfied with my situation for
stand-alone projects (which most are), but find that my situation complicates
or eliminates the possibility of working with consultants who expect the
engineer to be AutoCAD compatible.

Are there one-person or small offices out there who have made a recent easy
(or at least not-too-horrible) transition from hand-drawings?  Any tips?

Nels Roselund
Structural Engineer